Greeting Cards are pieces of folded paper having images or text on the front (cover) and a message inside. Though these cards are readily available in different variations and designs, they normally follow similar design strategy. They have three parts or elements. A front side, a back side and the inside.
1. Front Side – When developing front side of the card, one can make use of an image or text or a mix of images and text. There are many softwares that have a huge selection of images to be selected for creating greetings. One can select suitable images to set the desired tone of the card, like serious, funny, spirited or romantic, depending on the occasion. The front side has to be created with due care, considering that it is the first to grab the interest of the viewer.
2. Inside – The inside of the card can be kept blank for one’s own message or can be designed with images or a simple message (like Happy Birthday, HappyAnniversary) can be offered. There can also be some poem, some quotation or any punch line for a joke included inside the card.
- Extra Inside Panels – Some cards have lots of panels, instead of having just one fold. They might have gatefolds or accordion folds, in order to have a big quantity of images and text.
- Extra Pages – Some cards can appear like little brochures in order to tell a story or a substantial message.
3. Back Side – When the cards are bought from the shop, their back side consists of the name of the producer of the card, copyright notification, and logo and contact information. Nevertheless, when one creates a card for his/her use with a greeting card software or by hand, the rear end can be left blank or can be decorated according to one’s wish.